Planning a business trip to China? You’ll need a Chinese Business Visa!
China stands as a magnetic hub for business visas, attracting professionals from around the world.
Whether it’s the M Visa for short-term business engagements or the F Visa for academic purposes that you’re looking for, we’ll cover the essentials in this article.
We will outline the various visa types, validity periods, eligibility criteria, required documentation, and more.
Read on to unlock your business opportunities in China!
What is the China Business Visa?
This visa is for temporary visits to China for business-related activities.
There are two main business visa types, the M Visa and the F Visa.
- M Visa – The M Visa is suitable if you intend to go to China for short business trips, such as business meetings, negotiations or conferences.
- F Visa – The F visa is designated for academic purposes, such as engaging in research, participating in conferences, and university collaborations.
What are my entry options and how long is the business visa for China valid?
This visa has single, double and multiple entry options, with stays between 30, 60 or 90 days (note that it is up to the embassy on the length of stay you will be granted).
Here are the different entry options and durations available:
If you have a single-entry visa you can enter China once within the validity period of the visa (typically 30 to 90 days). Once you exit China, the visa expires.
There is also a double-entry visa which allows you to enter China twice within the visa’s validity. The visa can be valid for 90 days or six months.
Lastly, the multiple-entry visa allows you to enter and exit China multiple times. The validity here can be six months or 12 months.
Eligibility for the different durations and entry options depends on factors like your nationality, the circumstances of your trip, and the documentation you provide when applying.
If this is your first time applying for a business visa, note that you can only obtain a single or a double-entry visa.
Chinese Visas Explained: Tourist Visa VS Business Visa
What are the Chinese Business Visa requirements?
The requirements vary slightly depending on factors like your nationality and the type of business trip you are planning. However, here are some common requirements and documents required for a China Business Visa, these generally include:
- Completed Chinese Business Visa application form
- Passport valid for at least six months past the date of your intended departure from China and have at least one blank visa page
- Copy of your passport’s bio page
- Passport-size photo taken in the last six months
- Invitation letter from a Chinese host organization including information on the purpose of your visit, your expected arrival and departure dates, the places you will visit, and who will be responsible for your expenses
You may need additional documents to support your application depending on your specific circumstances when you apply for this China visa.
There are no specific countries outlined for a China Business Visa, instead this visa is issued based on the specific circumstances of the individual traveler, such as the purpose of the visit, their relationship with the inviting Chinese entity, and their ability to meet the visa requirements.
Are there still Covid restrictions in China?
As of August 30, 2023, there are no more Covid-19 restrictions for those traveling to China.
So no need to worry about Covid tests or filling out the Customs Health Declaration Form.
Back to Business – China Reopening to International Business Travelers
Can Irish citizens work in China on a business visa?
To put it simply, ‘working’ on a business visa in China does not mean that you can permanently work there.
Instead, the business visa allows you to carry out activities such as going to conferences, doing business meetings, etc. for the specified amount of time on your visa.
How long can Irish citizens stay in China while on a business visa?
As an Irish citizen, the main type of visa available if you are visiting China for business purposes is the M visa.
Depending on the visa you apply for and are granted – whether it be valid for three, six, or twelve months, with one, two, or multiple entries, you may be able to stay for either 30, 60, or 90 days after entering China.
How can Irish citizens apply for a China Business Visa?
If you are an Irish citizen planning to travel to China for Business, you can apply for the M Visa.
The general process is as follows:
- Gather all the documents you need, such as your passport, passport-sized photos, an invitation letter, and any other specific documents.
- Complete the Chinese visa application form and ensure all information is accurate and matches the details in your other supporting documents.
- Submit your application, along with all the required documentation.
- Pay the visa application fees as required.
Visa First can assist with your application for a smooth and stress-free process.
Apply for China Business Visa
How to apply with Visa First?
You can apply for your Chinese Business Visa with us! That means we take care of the complicated paperwork.
The process is as follows:
Step 1: You will first need to complete our application form and email it to us along with a digital photo, a copy of your passport and an invitation letter.
Step 2: We will then prepare your application form. Then we will send you an email with your documents, a typed application and instructions on what you can expect on the day you go to the embassy.
Step 3: You will then need to attend your in-person appointment at the Chinese Embassy to submit your documents and fingerprints.
How long is the China Business Visa processing time?
The processing time of your application starts after you have submitted your application to the embassy.
You can choose one of the two services when applying for your visa at the embassy, either:
- Standard service – the visa will be ready for collection in four working days.
- Express service – the visa will be ready for collection in two to three working days.
Note that we also offer a collection service where we collect your visa when it’s ready and post it to you.
Why Visa First?
- Stress-free application process
- Our experts will guide you through the entire visa application process
- Boost your chances of securing your visa
- We organise more than 10,000 visas yearly
Ready to apply for your China Business Visa?