Last Updated on March 21, 2022 by AIFS Abroad
Looking for study abroad scholarships or grants? Funding your study abroad adventure is now more streamlined than ever. As part of our commitment to Access, Inclusion, Diversity & Equity, AIFS has converted several scholarships into automatically awarded grants to eligible students as part of the application process.
Grants for Study Abroad
AIFS is committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad. We offer several automatically awarded grants to eligible students – there’s no need to fill out a separate application.
Here are some of the study abroad grants you may be eligible for:
- Affiliate Grant: Grants up to $400 for students attending one of the over 400 colleges and universities affiliated with AIFS.
- Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) Grant: $500 grant for students attending a Minority Serving Institution
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Grant: $500 grant for students attending a Historically Black College or University
- Pell Grant Eligible: $500 grant for students who receive the Pell Grant
- Gilman Recipient Grant: $500 grant for students who receive the Gilman Award
- FEA Recipient Grant: $500 grant for students who receive a Fund for Education Abroad scholarship
- Boren Recipient Grant: $500 grant for students who receive the Boren Award
- U.S. Veterans Grant: $500 grant for students who receive GI Bill education benefits
- Go Abroad Again with AIFS: $500 grant for student who study or intern abroad again with AIFS Abroad or Global Experiences.
Study Abroad Scholarships
There are also several scholarships available to AIFS Study Abroad students listed on our website. Unlike the grants listed above, these scholarships do require a separate application. The good news? You can apply for multiple scholarships directly from your student portal account.
Here are just a few study abroad scholarships you may be eligible for:
- AIFS Diversity Achievement Scholarship: AIFS offers scholarships for high achieving students from backgrounds historically underrepresented in education abroad. Each semester, AIFS offers up to three $5,000 scholarships to applicants who demonstrate high academic achievement and/or participate in community service activities.
- AIFS Overseas Ambassador Scholarship: AIFS offers five $500 scholarships each semester and two $500 scholarships for summer programs to outstanding students from backgrounds historically underrepresented in study abroad.
- HACU-AIFS Scholarship: In association with the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), AIFS offers scholarships for Hispanic students from HACU member institutions. Students will receive a scholarship of up to 50% of the AIFS semester or summer program fee.
- Russel R. Taylor Foundation Scholarship: The Russel Taylor Foundation is committed to providing study abroad scholarships for students who have demonstrated academic excellence and who have significant financial need. Scholarships covering up to 50% of the program fee are available each semester and summer.
Other Scholarships and Grants
There are many grants, awards, and loans available to help make studying abroad possible. Reach out to the financial aid and study abroad office at your home university to find out if you are eligible for any other study abroad scholarships and grants.
Want to see if you qualify for any AIFS study abroad scholarships and grants?